Thursday, July 26, 2012

Zach...this is for you!

Zach says I never post anymore...he is right. I am just too busy! But I thought I would do a quick one just for you, buddy. This summer is slipping away. Don't they always? We have done A LOT of things this summer. It started with swimming lessons for Megan, Zach and Gavin, and piano camp for Megan and Tanner. Then, just as they ended we headed out for our St. George/Grand Canyon adventure. We spent our time swimming, hiking, fishing, sight-seeing, celebrating my birthday(29...again) and heading home through Manti to see the Mormon Miracle Pageant. Shortly after our return home, several of us started to get sick. Megan and Tanner...with Megan seeming the worst, until Tanner ended up in the hospital with pneumonia, the day after his last baseball game. Yikes. This was not fun. But he was okay and doing great now. Thank goodness. I also was very sick with bronchitis for days and days, and Dad was sick also. Okay, this is summer right? This was not supposed to happen! Talk about putting a damper on our summer activities. Soon the 4th of July was upon us and the kids went up to Grandma's house for the annual water slide and BBQ(I stayed home with Leah to rest for awhile...still recovering) and then headed home because Dad got free tickets to the Stadium of Fire with the Beach Boys!!! It was so much fun. They were so good and sounded perfect. I took the kids up to Park City on the 16th. We went to the Olympic Park to watch the skiers and see the ski museum. We went to the Nike outlet so Tanner could get some things for back to school, and we stopped at Deer Creek on the way home. I was lucky enough to be able to see Wicked which is in town at the Capitol Theatre. It was my second time and I went with my mom a.k.a. Munga. She loved it. It really is such a great show. I loved it just as much this time as I did four years ago. The next day it was off to the zoo for our first time at Rocky Shores, the new exhibit. It was SO great. Such a great exhibit. Well done and beautiful. Tanner took GREAT pictures and video also. He didn't want to leave. On Sunday, the 22nd, we took the kids up to Cascade Springs. It had been a couple of years, so it was time to go again. We came home through the Alpine loop on the American Fork side. It was incredible. I love nature and these miracles we live by, the mountains. The next day was our, day in "The City of Salt Lake City." You know, the Olympic announcement? ha ha Anyway, we spent the afternoon and evening touring the Church Office Bldg. the Beehive House, the Church History Museum, the Conference Center, the Brigham Young Cemetery, the Brigham Young Park to name most of them. The Museum has a children's section that kept the kids busy for a LONG time. It was worth the trip. On Pioneer Day, we drove out to the Salt Flats. I know, weird. But I really wanted to do it. If it wasn't for a little summer rainstorm it would have been better, but we got the point(they are really cool) and had to get to our 24th of July BBQ anyway...up at Tyler's house in Layton. The kids had a lot of fun playing and doing fireworks with their cousins. Today was our Seven Peaks day. It was our first time going this year as a family. Tanner had already been with friends. We had a fun day. Gavin said he wanted to go back, just me and him. I love that boy. Why does he have to start Kindergarten? I didn't order this. I told him no, but he is growing and wanting to go anyway. Dang. That little man is the apple of my eye. ;) So that's our summer thus far. Pictures to come. To be continued... P.S. I put spaces in this post, but they aren't showing up. Oh well.

No comments: