Sunday, July 31, 2011

Misc. Ramblings

Happy 4th birthday to my blog! It's been a little over four years since I started this. It was after Gavin was born and we had just been to a dance performance for my four-year-old Megan, and I wanted to document the day with some pictures and video. Now I just can't seem to keep up and I am about a year behind. Oh well.

Life is good. I am enjoying this time. Tanner is still a little kid(so to speak) and still enjoys sitting on a lap or two and isn't embarrassed to be with me...yet. The twins will be baptized this week. Yes, I mean "The babies", which we called them until they were about five. Gavin is a joyful and happy four-year-old. He is just too dang cute. And baby Leah(we call her Lilo) is fast becoming a little girl with each passing day. Sniff sniff...

There is an adorable mother quail sitting on her eggs in our backyard. Tanner is very watchful of her and checks on her all the time. He is our serious animal lover. The kids are thinking up names for all of them. Seriously, there are probably about 9 or 10 eggs out there. I can't imagine keeping track of that many babies born all at once. Amazing! Tanner has been busy and happy doing all kinds of jobs to earn a little extra money when we bounceback to Lagoon this week. He wants to play a basketball game and win a jersey. He says he is confident. I love that kid.

Every time I look at the mess around me I try to remember how great life is, and these sweet kiddos are growing way too fast. Summer has passed quickly. Although I am already ready for the schedule the Fall brings. It is starting to become harder and harder to find things to do each day.

Happy August!

1 comment:

Molly said...

Wow! I can't believe the twins will be baptized. Time definitely flies by!! Sounds like you have your hands full, but life is so rewarding. Thanks for the reminder!!