Sunday, August 22, 2010

Sweet and Sour

That's how I feel. Today is my 13th anniversary. This is the sweet part.We just took a little trip to Boston for a couple of days(also a sweet part)...just us and our little Leah. We haven't taken a trip together for 8 years.
Yes, it's true. See, Brandon goes there all the time for business...quite a bit in fact. But I, on the other hand...do not. We went back in 1998 on a Church history/US history trip and so I had actually been there. So, seeing as how our anniversary was coming up, he thought he might as well fly me(Leah, the nursing babe too) out on his frequent flier miles and then we could have a short little anniversary trip. I guess I complained enough...you know...the squeaky wheel and all! So I went out and spent a couple of days...ooooo'd and awwwwwww'd over probably the most historic US city, and one of my favorites. We actually saw quite a bit in the short amount of time we had thanks to our lovely GPS system in the rental car and wonderful Duck Tour...Yes, the ones that go into the water! This is also a sweet part to my story! All was well until...we got home and I went to show Tanner the pictures on the camera(cue the sour part)...um...."Hey Brandon, where's the camera?" Long story short...we can't find the camera and we have narrowed it down to losing it on the airplane or in the rental car. I have already been back to the airport and they can't find it and on Monday we are going to try to get somewhere with the rental car agency besides the e-mail we already sent. It is just a small, inexpensive little camera like the one below, although mine was more dinged up, but it has lots of pictures on it that mean a lot to me. Sigh...been crying a lot today...yes, a lot. I'm still trying to keep up hope. But it sure has put a damper on the fun. If you read this, say a little prayer that my little camera will turn up and let's hope someone isn't desperate enough to want it that bad! Keep the camera buddy and just hand over my card...please oh please!

5 comments:

SydneyMin said...

Happy Anniversary!! So glad you got to go to Boston. What a fun city. Sooo sorry about your camera. Was there any way to identify whose it was? My husband's shuttle company find cameras in their vans sometimes, but they don't have any way of knowing whose it was, so it just goes in the lost and found. Good luck!!

Vanessa said...

Yay for the trip! Crappy for the camera losing. I hope it turns up.

Boni said...

That's too bad, I hope you somehow get it back!

Brandon and Jen Jensen said...

Thanks guys. I am still trying but reality is starting to set in. :(

Tina said...

How sad Jen! I'm glad you got to go on a trip together, sounds heavenly. I need to buy a new camera since mine got wet. I bet the person wouldn't know who it belonged to either with no name? :(