Friday, April 2, 2010

A New Van

(goodbye van)
In preparation for the new baby, we decided it would be best to get a bigger van. Ours seats seven, but it is a compact van, became very cramped and doesn't have a shoulder strap belt in the middle back seat. So, we bought a new one! This I might add, is a bit painful when you have a vehicle paid off! Ouch! It is an eight-seater Toyota Sienna and our nice brother-in-law just happens to be in the car business and tracked it down for us at an auction in California. As great as this is, I was still a big baby when we said goodbye to the old van...the van I picked out myself when I was pregnant with the twins. So many memories of my kids growing older in that van, and that's all I could see as I took a few pics and prepared to say goodbye. I was in tears. But I am still grateful for our new one. The kids are in love with it-it is bigger and has a nicer DVD system. We have already broken it in with a trip to Disneyland, so I guess it's part of the family now, ready to have more memories made in it.
(not an actual photo of ours, but it is about the same)

1 comment:

Melanie Ann Millett said...

I totally know what you mean. We had a car paid off and it was SOOO nice, but we had to get a new one. It's true, I was surprised how hard it was saying goodbye to my car!