Monday, August 18, 2008

School has Sprung



Phew! He made it through his first day of 2nd grade! One down...179 or so to go!

It seemed to be a great day and when I dropped him off I noticed his friend, Mitchell wearing a similar outfit...the exact same shoes, plaid shorts and a green shirt. I didn't get a picture, but I should have!

I always get a little teary on the first day, and my Mom asked me, "So how long did you cry this time?" The good news is, not as long because is it gets a little better for me each year. When Tan started Kindergarten I cried the whole day. Progress, that's what I say!

He was a little nervous this year, but did great and he seems very happy. The twins start on Monday, although they are soooooooo ready and asking me every day if today is the day.

3 comments:

Tina said...

Cute pics, Tanner is getting so big! I'm kind of sad school already started, summer went by way too fast this year! It will be a nice little one on one with Gavin for those couple of hours they are gone at least :-).
I love the sayings from your kids on the right, way cute! How do you store them? do you transfer the info to their journals?

Brooke said...

I am glad that school went well and that you did't cry as long as the year before! I am sure that you will enjoy next week a little bit more when the twins go to kindergarten! Enjoy the peace and quiet for the few hours it lasts!

Brandon and Jen Jensen said...

Yes, the plan is to transfer the kids' sayings to their journals. They each have one, but it is so much easier for me to get it down quickly this way, before I forget what they say and do!