Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The Birds

One day, we noticed a bird's nest in a tree in my Mom's backyard. This is the actual photo:I am amazed at how those little birds can create this safe home for their babies, with just two little feet and a beak, and yet it sits up in a tree and withstands the elements. Amazing! Not too long after, baby birds were there waiting for their mama to feed them. Isn't that one of the sweetest things in nature? This is NOT an actual photo, but it's too cute:
Whenever the kids were in the backyard playing, the birds(there were usually two...is this mom and dad or two moms?) were always so nervous and would tweet frantically and fly around the backyard trying to "dive-bomb" them. We would laugh so hard(sorry birds)not because we were teasing them, but just because of how close they would come to us! Frantically trying to "protect" their little ones, they would swoop down and do a fly-by. At one point, Megan said she was scared to walk up the deck stairs to come inside, and my Mom and I encouraged her, saying "They won't get you, it's okay..." As she was walking, I swear, a bird swooped down just inches from her head! It reminded me of one of my fave Hitchcock's:
What do ya think, is this a good one for family night? ;)

2 comments:

The aMAYSing Family said...

LOL! Your kids will never go near a bird again! :)

Alyssa said...

That movie is so creepy! I am scared of birds now because of it!! haha