Friday, March 27, 2009

Happiest Savings on Earth


The kids have been very eager to do jobs for me. I usually give them .50 each time they do something for me...i.e. help me clean a room, play with Gavin etc. They have no idea we have bought our tickets and are planning a trip. I just told them we need to start saving so they could have some money to spend at Disneyland...someday! We plan to get them up on the morning of with the car packed and say, "Get in!" I hope we can pull it off! Shhhhhh...don't tell!
P.S. I always think of this:
"Deep Thought" by Jack Handey(SNL)
click here

when I think of us surprising them! Enjoy!

11 comments:

SydneyMin said...

How fun! Those jars are cute, Jen :) You guys are awesome parents!

Vanessa said...

Such a fun idea! I'm going to do that for our LegoLand adventure!

Molly said...

LOL!!! That is so funny (the video clip!) When are you going? How exciting - I know, because we LOVED ORLANDO!! Did we inspire you? j/k

Melanie Ann Millett said...

What the....

Melanie Ann Millett said...

PS I hope the rest of the family knows...

Lyndzi said...

What a fun thing to do! I can't wait to have older kids and we can do fun stuff like that. Have fun.

sharonspot said...

Cute idea! I hope you guys have a great time and that you can surprise the kids.

Platt Lucky 7 said...

Shhhh. I'll keep your secret!

Lisa said...

That is so exciting! When are you going?

Brooke said...

Oh how I loved Deep Thoughts! I have to say that I remembered that one and it still made me laugh! You guys are going to have a blast! When do you leave? By the way cute jars :) what a great idea!

Christina Updike said...

That is so great!!!! I want to do that for my kids one day! What a great surprise it will be for them! You both are such great parents!