Monday, April 7, 2008

Elder Ballard's talk




Need I say more? Oh, how us hard working young mommies needed his talk! Isn't it true that there is always something in conference for everyone? Go to www.lds.org to read or hear it if you are a young mommy.

"It is crucial to focus on our children for the short time we have them with us and to seek, with the help of the Lord, to teach them all we can before they leave our homes".

"Recognize that the joy of motherhood comes in moments. There will be hard times and frustrating times. But amid the challenges, there are shining moments of joy and satisfaction".

3 comments:

Melanie Ann Millett said...

Jen--I missed this talk the first time and just barely read it on the internet. Holy cow!! How nice...it made me feel SO good. I even got a little teary-eyed. I am glad that I am able to enjoy every minute of being a new mother!

Love, Melanie

Kimberly said...

Jen, This was my favorite talk too. Of course, I'm a new mom and it's always good to hear we are all doing the right things; are at least trying to. I love the picture you put at the top of your cute kids. Love, Kim

Mendy said...

I loved his talk too, Jen. It was just what I needed to feel like I am doing okay.

Kimber lives in AZ and has three kids (two boys and a girl). I get to see her at family reunions, so that's pretty fun! I'll get her email for you next time I chat with her.